Wednesday 24 July 2013

Bulletproof Hagan

(the above products available exclusively from Upgraded Ireland - https://www.facebook.com/UpgradedIreland)


Over the course of the next while I'll be documenting my experiences with the Bulletproof Diet, and Alpha Brain.

For those of you who don't know what that entails, you can find out here

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/

My wedding is coming up in October and I want to get in top shape for it. When Upgraded Ireland contacted me and suggested I try the Bulletproof Diet a while back, I was initially cautious, and a little sceptical.

"Butter? In coffee? And coconut oil? In COFFEE??"

Nah.

But, I gave it a go.

And I have to say, my initial assumption was wrong.

Bulletproof coffee in the morning fills you up, gives you a nice even dose of energy across the day, keeps you alert and honestly, it's not as disgusting as it sounds - it'a actually quite a nice taste. Now admittedly I supplement mine with half a spoon ox Xylitol (a natural sweetener that you can get from health shops), but now I can't imagine starting my day with anything else.

Today is also my first day taking Alpha Brain. I've listened to the Joe Rogan podcast enough times to almost know the Alpha Brain pitch off by heart, and I was intrigued by it. I was, however, always put off its lack of availability in Ireland. Upgraded Ireland has solved that particular conundrum, and I had my first Alpha Brain this morning.

I'm looking forward to the positive effects - enhanced brain function, clearer focus - it's only been a couple of hours since I took it so I can't really say either way if it's doing anything. But I will be taking notes and writing down any differences I notice.

Also on this blog I'll be checking in with professional Mixed Martial Artists Sean "The Machine" Tobin and Kieran O'Brien. My own blog will be about how the Bulletproof Diet and Alpha Brain affects a normal, non pro athlete person, but every so often I'll be posting about the benefits  for professional athletes, and I have to say I'm intrigued to find out. So expect a few video interviews over the next while.

I'll also document my weight loss from the diet, and my training regimen and food intake.

For all your Upgraded Coffee, MCT Oil, and Onnit Products (Alpha Brain, Shroom Tech etc), please check out the Upgraded Ireland Facebook page -

https://www.facebook.com/UpgradedIreland


Today was my first day using MCT Oil in my Bulletproof Coffee instead of coconut oil. And I have to say it's made a big difference. Firstly in taste and consistency - it makes the coffee a bit less thick and creamy, and there's not as big a coconut flavour. And secondly in energy levels - I've noticed a big difference in my energy after today's coffee than yesterday's. I'm not even remotely tired, and I'm alert and focussed. I used about a tablespoon of MCT Oil in my coffee, with about 30g of unsalted butter.

Due to a lack of a coffee bean grinder I didn't use the Upgraded Coffee today - I've since obtained one though.

Tomorrow I'll document the making of a typical Bulletproof Coffee, so check back in then!

No comments:

Post a Comment